FGP offers a variety of events throughout the year, including:
- Academic and professional networking opportunities
- Dinners and other social events
- Presentations by first generation speakers
- Community service and volunteer initiatives
- Opportunities for students to meet with first generation faculty, alumni, and other students
The First Generation Program is looking for a new logo! If you are a first generation MIT student who is creative and interested in graphic design, we encourage you to enter this contest and submit a design to be considered for the new FGP logo! If selected, your design will be featured on: the FGP website, I Am First Generation posters, FGP T-shirts, and ALL future FGP swag!
The winner will receive a choice of either: $200 Tech cash, or $200 Visa Cash Card
- Design should incorporate “MIT” and the concept of “First Generation”
- Design should be clear in both color and black+white
- Suggested size: 3-5” x 3-5”
- Logo will be featured on a variety of sized items, including FGP pins and FGP T-shirts
TO ENTER THE FGP LOGO DESIGN CONTEST
- Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline to enter: Friday, January 23rd
We hope you take advantage of this opportunity to create the new FGP logo!
The First Generation Program will be volunteering at the Greater Boston Food Bank on January 20th as part of CityDays, a series of one-day volunteer opportunities for all members of the MIT community. The GBFB is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. Most volunteers will be inspecting, sorting, and packing food and grocery products.
We invite you to join the FGP team to connect with other students, help support this great organization, and give back to the Boston community! Lunch and transportation will be provided.
To Register: Follow this link
- When: Tuesday, January 20th, 1:00-3:30pm
- Where: Greater Boston Food Bank, 70 South Bay Avenue, Boston, MA
- Transportation: FGP group will meet at MIT and travel together to/from GBFG
FGP Alumni Dinner
On October 30th, the FGP held its annual Alumni Dinner, an event that provides an opportunity for current first-generation students to meet and mingle with MIT alumni who were the first in their family to graduate from college. Alumni guests included software engineers, technology consultants, physicians, and MIT professors.