FGP offers a variety of events throughout the year, including:
- Academic and professional networking opportunities
- Dinners and other social events
- Presentations by first generation speakers
- Community service and volunteer initiatives aimed at supporting prospective first generation students
- Opportunities for you to meet with first generation MIT faculty and administrators
Check out photo highlights from FGP's participation in City Days
The First Generation Program recently participated in CityDays: MLK Day by volunteering at the Greater Boston Food Bank, the largest hunger-relief organization in New England. The FGP team inspected and sorted over 5,000 pounds of food, enough to feed a family of four for an entire year!