FGP offers a variety of events throughout the year, including:
- Academic and professional networking opportunities
- Dinners and other social events
- Presentations by first generation speakers
- Community service and volunteer initiatives
- Opportunities for students to meet with first generation MIT faculty and administrators
You can also read about some of our recent events to learn what we have done so far this year.
FGP Study Break: Learn about personal finance
FGP will be hosting its last study break of the spring semester on Friday, May 8th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in PDRs 1+2 in the Student Center. Ed Platt, a first generation student from MIT's Class of 2006 and currently a Civic Technology Programmer at the Media Lab, will provide advice to interested students about personal finance, including credit cards, budgeting, retirement, homeownership, startup equity, and any other topics students would like to learn more about. We hope you will join us for lunch, to meet other first gen students, and to learn from Ed's personal experience!