FGP offers a variety of events throughout the year, including:
- academic and professional networking opportunities.
- dinners and other social events.
- presentations by First Generation speakers.
- community service and volunteer initiatives aimed at supporting prospective First Generation students.
- opportunities for you to meet with First Generation MIT professors and administrators.
What Career is Right for Me?
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Time: 4-5 pm
- Come and enjoy delicious Free Food! Refreshments!
- Discuss what jobs, majors, graduate programs, fields of study are right for you? For your particular strengths? What is the best fit for your personality and your interests?
- Hear brief presentations from two First Generation graduate students at MIT, who will share their personal experiences, decision-making process, and words of wisdom about finding the right career fit.
- Receive practical tips, suggestions, information, and handouts on identifying and assessing your individual strengths, talents, and career interests from Tamara Raimundi-Menghi, Associate Director of Career Programs from MIT’s GECD office.
Sign up by email to Miri Skonik, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch with First Gen MIT Professor
FGP will be hosting small group lunches with a FG faculty member. Have lunch with a professor and hear about their career path and words of wisdom and advice. This is by sign-up on and limited to 10 students. Sign-up is fist come first serve by emailing Miri Skolnik at email@example.com
FGP Community Barbecue
Date: Wednesday, October 3
Location: Kresge Lawn
Come enjoy come free food, music and meet your fellow FG MIT students.
Mentorship Welcome Dinner
Date: Friday, September 14th
An informal dinner for First Generation mentors and mentees. Come eat, share stories, and connect.
Welcome Reception for Incoming First Generation Freshmen
Date: Thursday, August 30th
Come join us for a panel discussion with first generation upperclassmen. Refreshments will be served.