FGP offers a variety of events throughout the year, including:
- Academic and professional networking opportunities
- Dinners and other social events
- Presentations by first generation speakers
- Community service and volunteer initiatives
- Opportunities for students to meet with first generation MIT faculty and administrators
You can also read about some of our recent events to learn what we have done so far this year.
Boston Area First Generation Student Reception
Come mix and mingle with other first generation students from Boston area colleges, and hear about their experiences as the first in their family to attend college at this informal reception hosted by FGP at MIT! Dinner will be served.
Wednesday, April 8 from 6:00-8:00pm in 20 Chimneys (3rd floor of the Student Center).
Please register here if you are interested in attending.