The First Generation Project (FGP) is committed to building a sense of community among First Generation MIT students, faculty, alumni, and staff, and raising awareness of their unique experiences. Through this network, we enhance the academic success, professional growth, and personal development of First Generation students at MIT. Collectively, there is a wealth of knowledge, experience, and wisdom to be shared about the common experiences of being First Generation in the world of higher education.
What we offer:
- Networking with other first generation students, faculty and alumni
- Study breaks
- Small-group talks
- Community service
- Dinners with first generation speakers
Are you First Generation at MIT?
Join the FGP community and make connections:
- Contact the FGP exec board so we can include you in community events, announcements and discussions.
- Join the FGP Facebook group.
- Sign up for the first generation student directory, so other first generation students can easily find you.
- Become a first generation peer mentor and help a first generation freshman transition to life at MIT or sign up as a mentee.
- Connect with other first generation faculty, students, alumni, and staff.